I’ve been in a complete frenzy lately telling my readers about deal websites, so when I came across this article today from Galesburg.com identifying top money saving websites and phone apps that were written up in ShopSmart magazine (love this magazine!) published by Consumer Reports, I had to include the information here.
So here’s the list of these cool shopping websites and phone applications that will help you snag a deal when you’re shopping online.
Again, this list was written up in ShopSmart magazine, but I’m copying and pasting from Galesburg.com (I just want to give credit where credit’s due!). However, I added the clickable links to make it easier to quickly check out these sites!
- Alice (alice.com) lets you buy household staples like detergent directly from manufacturers for less.
- CouponWinner.com has loads of coupons from 7,000 retailers.
- Covet is a virtual personal shopper that helps find on-sale clothes in your style and size.
- IMshopping sends your shopping questions to an expert, who usually answers within a few hours.
- Like.com tracks down what you want by color, style, material or detail, such as pattern or shape.
- Modista zeros in on the exact shoe, handbag or other accessory to get to the right e-tailer in one click.
- NetHaggler has a Web tool called the hagglet that lets you “tag” an item and wait for a price drop, “nag” a merchant for a better price or “haggle” as a group for bargain deals.
- PicClick works with eBay to capture its offerings in an easy-to-scan visual thumbnail format.
- Polyvore lets you drag and drop items into a single screen to make shopping for outfits a breeze.
- PricesAndCoupons.com compares prices online to find the best by factoring in coupon-code discounts when they’re available and shipping charges.
- Savings.com is best for trolling for bargains. Fans post coupon codes and vote on them, “bumping” good ones to the top of the list and “burying” the stinkers.
- Taaz is best for makeup. Upload a photo of yourself to “try out” cosmetic shades from top brands.
- UWantSavings is like a giant flea market online with new stuff that sells for up to 80 percent off.
SHOPSMART’S TOP PHONE APPS FOR SHOPPING
- CouponSherpa finds scannable coupons for shoes, shades and even deals in your area. (iPhone; free)
- MobiQpons finds scannable coupons from your favorite stores and blocks offers from stores you don’t like. (iPhone, Blackberry, Google Android; free)
- Check Please lets you split the check and figure out the tip. (iPhone; free)
- Compare Me does the math to find the best value: the bigger or smaller carton of OJ? (iPhone; $2.99)
- Sale Price calculates the actual sale price of an item, factoring in coupons and tax. (iPhone; free)
- Epicurious lets you search for recipes and create a shopping list. (iPhone; free)
- Grocery Gadget Lite keeps your grocery list online, with photos, and arranges items in the order they’re found in the store. (iPhone; free)
- ShopSavvy turns your phone’s camera into a bar-code scanner to find prices locally and online, then gives you a link to the site or driving directions to the store. (Google Android, also expected for the iPhone; free)
- CardStar consolidates all your store membership, discount, club, and rewards cards so a cashier can scan the bar code right off the phone. (iPhone; free)
Enjoy checking out the above money-saving websites and phone applications! If you have additional recommendations, feel free to add them in the comment section. Everyone enjoys learning about new deal sites!