Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
What are Considered Easy Items to Sell on eBay?
When people are looking for easy items to sell on eBay, I’m not always sure what they call “easy” is the same as what I call “easy”. My idea of finding and selling easy things on eBay requires that the items are simple to ship, are in abundance, and are profitable.
Finding things that are easy to ship is actually my number one requirement. Obviously, I have to make money on the item, but I also want something that can simply fit into a flat rate envelope, or be mailed first class, or by media mail meaning that it’s cheaper to ship. Books, DVD’s, & CD’s can all be shipped via media mail.
The 50 items I list below are all items that often have lots of “watchers” on eBay, a track record of past sales from various sellers, and/or a high amount of bids. Some items may be from a broad category. If you dig a little deeper, you may be able to find a very lucrative niche within that category!
50 Items to Sell on Ebay Right Now:
- Trendy Skirts
- Trendy Tops & Blouses (animal prints are always hot sellers)
- Socks (thigh high socks are hot!)
- Jeans (designer and name brand jeans obviously sell better)
- Pet Toys
- Aquarium Supplies
- Records (yep…records!) & music accessories such as record sleeves & vinyl record cleaners (turntables are making a comeback!)
- Books (especially “Lots” of kids books and homeschooling books & supplies)
- Hair Accessories
- Sports tops or Athletic Bras
- Gems and Beads
- Baby Clothes & Accessories
- Sheets (sheet sets)
- Hair Extensions
- Jewelry (Places such as Ann Taylor Loft has great sales and coupons you can use on top of sale prices)
- Baby Shoes
- Smart Phone Covers
- Purslets (Designer brands sell best)
- Wallets (Designer brands sell best)
- Scarves (Infinity scarves are popular)
- Belly Dance Hip Scarves which are great for Zumba
- Zumba or dance tank tops
- Yoga clothes
- Workout DVD’s
- Wall decals or stickers
- Chains for crafts
- Rubber stamps (Especially around Holidays like “Halloween Rubber Stamps.”)
- Van shoes
- Personal items like deodorant or toothpaste lots or other popular items like Bath & Body Works lots (Use coupons on sale items & often you can get these items for free. Don’t forget to check out your local Dollar Store; some are now taking coupons)
- Designer makeup like MAC
- Ski gloves
- Belts (especially designer name brands)
- Costumes & accessories
- Caps & hats
- Men’s shorts
- Golf shirts
- Running leggings
Ideas on Where to Purchase Products for a Profit
Obviously there are thousands and thousands of items you could come up with, but hopefully this list got you thinking about the endless possibilities available to sell on eBay in so many different categories. However, you might be stuck on where to purchase these items at a discount and in abundance so you can turn a profit when you sell them online.
Profitable Items to Sell Might be Right in Your Backyard
This is a little trickier. You probably already knew this, but you will most likely have to put in some work on this one! You know the old saying, “If it was easy, then everyone would be doing it!” There are lots of places you can look to find items and some of them are right in your backyard like the Dollar Store, or Clearance sections at Target or Kohl’s for instance. In addition, your local Goodwill and Thrift Stores are awesome places for books, DVD’s, CD’s, buttons, jewelry and clothes. Check with your local Goodwill because they normally run specials on different days of the week. My local Goodwill has $1 bag of books day so for $1, I can fill up an entire bag of books! I’ve made some good money selling used books on Amazon and eBay. For instance, you can combine a bunch of children’s books together or self-help books and sell them as Lots. This will bring in more money than if you sold them separately. Plus, you don’t have to ship individual books this way.
Wholesale websites such as Wholesalecentral.com or Liquidation.com are two websites you could check out. I once purchased a Lot of new plus size clothing from a liquidation site that turned out to be really profitable. Each piece was approximately $2-$3 and I turned around and sold each one on eBay for between $15-$20.
Also, check out Craigslist. Do a search for the item(s) you are looking for as well as look in the Free section. I picked up a free medical book from a person who lived nearby and then sold it on Amazon for over $50! In addition, sign up for Deal Alerts on the items you are interested in, and check Slickdeals.net (I like the Hot Deals forum) on a regular basis for items that are on sale both online and in stores.
In addition, read my blog post, “Discounted Gift Cards Can Make You Money with This Technique.” In this post, I explain how you can apply multiple discounts on products to buy and resell for a profit.
Obviously there are a lot of places, both online and offline, where you can find easy items to sell on eBay. It takes work, patience, and diligence. Just like with anything, the longer you do it, the more you’ll get the hang of it.